This week’s list of recommendations focuses on trends in the energy industry and global economy. It also highlights earnings transcripts from notable bellwethers which offer much needed micro-economic insights that enhance the clarity of the macro-economic-mosaic. To clean your palette of the capital markets, we’ve also served up some geopolitical considerations for China and Russia as extra food for thought.
Internet & Technology
- Jim Chanos Short the Link Between Debt and Energy
- Exxon Mobil’s Q3-2015 Earnings Call Transcript
- Chevron (CVX) Q3-2015 Earnings Call Transcript
- Geopolitical Trends Impact on Global Oil Supply and Prices
Business & Personal Insights
- On Being a Great Investor: What You Don’t Know Matters More Than What You Do Know
- TED Talk: How to Stay Calm When You Know You’ll Be Stressed
- The Financialization of the Economy
- Recession Fearmongers May Be Wrong
- China’s Economic Slowdown: Is Currency Appreciation To Blame?