No comments this evening from Hillbent…
Market momentum hit some resistance today and took a turn towards inertia as breadth took on a more bearish tone.
- Advancers (264) vs. Decliners (232).
- New 5-day highs (103) significantly lagged the number of New 5-day lows (1)
- New 52-week highs (2) also trailed new 52-week lows (206).
- Bullish reversals (2) lagged Bearish reversals (66) today.
|SP-500||1988.27||(+1.21 / +0.06%)|
|Nasdaq-100||4329.12||(+4.30 / +0.10%)|
|Russell-2k||1162.91||(+9.30 / +0.81%)|
|VIX||26.05||(-0.05 / -0.19%)|
|10-Yr Rates||21.86||(+0.18 / +0.83%)|
|US Dollar Index||96.15||(+0.38 / +0.40%)|
|Gold (Cash)||1134.00||(+11.40 / +1.02%)|
|WTI Crude (Cash)||45.22||(+2.66 / +6.25%)|
|DJ Real Estate||281.04||(-0.43 / -0.51%)|
|DJ Homebuilders||585.65||(-3.20 / 00.54%)|
Volume Radar Alerts
Stock prices increasing on high volume
- Freeport-McMoran Inc (FCX) @ 10.50 (+3.04%) on 351% volume surge
- Chevron Corp (CVX) @ 80.43 (+3.59%) on 182% volume surge
- Marathon Oil Group (MRO) @ 16.65 (+4.26%) on 137% volume surge
- Helmriche & Payne Inc (HP) @ 57.65 (+4.65%) on 129% volume surge
- Newfield Exploration (NFX) @ 31.60 (+2.93%) on 127% volume surge
Stock prices declining on high volume
- Autodesk Inc (ADSK) @ 47.52 (-4.96%) on 400% volume surge
- Gamestop Corp (GME) @ 42.49 (-8.03%) on 378% volume surge
- Robert Half Int’l (RHI) @ 51.44 (-1.98%) on 343% volume surge
- Tractor Supply Co (TSCO) @ 85.39 (-1.99%) on 98% volume surge
- Pepco Holdings Inc (POM) @ 23.01 (-1.54%) on 86% volume surge
Market Moving Events
- Economy / Sentiment / EU: Economic Sentiment within the European Commission during August-2015 continued to improve @ 104.2 vs. consensus @ 103.8 and prior @ 104. (Related link)
- Economy / Trade Surplus / USA: For the month of July-2015, the U.S. Trade balance improved to -$59.1bn vs. prior @ -$62.3bn. (Related link)
- Economy / Consumer / USA: Consumer Sentiment for August-2015 contracted slightly to 91.9 vs. consensus @ 93.3 and prior @ 92.9. (Related link)
- Economy / Consumer / USA: Consumer Spending increased 0.3% vs. consensus @ 0.4% and prior @ 0.3%, while Personal Income rose 0.4% vs. consensus @ 0.4% and prior @ 0.4%. (Related link)
- Economy / Growth / UK: GDP in UK for 2Q-2015 remained flat but with a continuously positive trajectory 0.7% qtr/qtr and 2.6% yr/yr. (Related link)
- Economy / Inflation / Germany: The CPI for August-2015 contracted slightly but was better than expected @ 0.0% m/m vs. consensus @ -0.1% and prior @ 0.2%. Annually it expanded 0.2% vs. consensus @ 0.1% and prior @ 0.2%.
|Hillbent does not provide individualized market advice. The information we publish regards securities in which we believe our readers may be interested and our reports reflect our sincere opinions. Nevertheless, they are not intended to be personalized recommendations to buy, hold, or sell securities. Investments in the securities markets, and especially in options, are speculative and involve substantial risk. Each individual investor should determine their respective appropriate level of risk. It is recommended that you seek personal advice from your professional investment advisor and conduct further independent due diligence research before acting on information published in any of our reports. Most of our information is derived directly from information published by the companies on which we report and/or from other sources we deem to be reliable, without our independent verification. Therefore, we cannot assure the completeness or accuracy of information contained within these reports and we do not in any way warrant or guarantee the success of any action which you take in reliance on our statements. Hillbent.com, Inc. or its affiliates may own positions in the equities mentioned in our reports. We do not receive any compensation from any of the companies covered in our reports.|